Wednesday, September 05, 2007

3-Day Novel

No, not me -- I don't know if I'll ever have a 3-Day novel in me, but all praise and congratulations to my good friends Gordon and Angie for enduring a grueling three straight days of novel-writing inside a mall on one of the most spectacularly beautiful weekends of the year. Now that's dedication to the craft.

Angie and Gordon wrote back to back in the Station Mall in Sault Ste, Marie, Ontario, battling for concentration and inspiration against curious onlookers, mall muzak and the eerie, soon-the-zombies-will-come atmosphere of a mall after midnight. Yes, they even slept there.

Their stint (stunt?) was all part of the annual Labour Day weekend 3-Day Novel contest that happens all over the world, and has been doing so for 30 years now.

Best of luck to both completed novels, which now enter the judging pool. The contest results will be announced in January, which to me seems a very cruel wait for these brave, and fast, writers.

No comments: