Thursday, January 24, 2008

TV time-out -- delightful Uninvited blogging

We'll get back to the copyright, 7th-game, death match in a little while, but first a word from our sponsors:

Thanks to the wonder of Google Alerts, I see that Montreal novelist and property manager (?) B. Glen Rotchin has recently read my novel, The Uninvited Guest. He has several nice things to say about it, including this blurb which I now officially ask him if I can use sometime:

"The writing is crisp and controlled... a writer most definitely worth watching."

And yes, the ... ellipses ... are here used to remove a slightly negative bad patch from an otherwise tasty apple. That's how blurbs work. You didn't know that?

Anyway, should you wish to -- especially if you are one of those people who think the book is just about hockey -- please go and read Rotchin's thoughtful musings on my work. If you only want the parts where he praises me, feel free to skip paragraphs four and five.

And then, having read his criticism, you might want to go and take a look at his own literary fiction:

The Rent Collector



Okay, face-off at centre-ice.

No comments: